Sunday, March 24, 2013

would you rather? (runner's edition)

Have you ever played this game?


We are major board game fans here, and when I saw this post today over at Olive to Run, I was excited to play along! 



The Questions:
1. Would you rather run a 5k or a marathon?

I have to cheat and say half marathon.  I do enjoy running 5Ks, but my thing is distance.  I’m not fast, but at the right pace with the right rhythm, some days I feel like I could run forever.  I haven’t actually done a marathon (yet) so I don’t know for sure… 
I might hate it.  
It’s not likely.  
I’ll find out in January… maybe even before then. 
 
2. Would you rather run in the heat of summer or the icy winter?

Heat of summer, no contest.  I’ll take hot, humid, even a thunderstorm any day.  This first winter of running for me has been the coldest, nastiest one I can remember here.  If it wasn’t bad enough here, I spent most weekends in January and February in cold cities like New York, Syracuse, and Chicago.  Even had to make peace with the treadmill.  
I will be so happy to see it warm up, if it ever does.  
The groundhog and I are not on good terms at the moment. 

3. Would you rather have new running shoes or a new running outfit?


A new outfit.  I get very attached to my sneakers, and hate to even think about replacing them.  But I’m always ready for a cute new Running Skirt! 


4. Would you rather run alone or in a group?

Alone. 
I love people and love to be around people more than anything.  There is nothing better than sitting and chatting with a friend—I could do that for HOURS and often do.  I love human interaction, crave it some days.  If given the choice, I’d usually choose being with people over being alone.  

But when I run, I run alone.  I like to go at my own pace, listen to music, stop to take pictures when I want to stop to take pictures, and run longer just because I feel like it. 
I do enjoy running with friends, but in my mind it’s really a “visit” and I’ll do my training run another time.  
Alone.

5. Would you rather run next to someone in a race who tries to talk to you constantly or someone who breathes heavy and grunts?

I’ll take the talker!  (see number 4, above.)  As long as they don’t mind if I mostly listen, I don’t mind if they talk.  Frankly, someone who loves to talk, I imagine we’d become fast friends.
 
6. Would you rather run a race because of the convenience (location, price, travel) or the swag?


In real life, convenience.  It’s hard for me to travel for a race with all the other things I’m juggling.  But I won’t lie… I love an awesome medal, and plan to finish ALL of the Disney races!

7. Would you rather run a race with a group of friends or by yourself?



With friends.  When I train, I prefer to run alone.  But on race day, it’s all for fun.  I’ll never set records, so as long as the group of friends is of the same mindset—in it for the joy of the experience—I’d much rather run with a group and enjoy it together!






8. Would you rather run a PR but result in an injury or finish strong and missing a PR?

Definitely finish strong.  Don’t care much about PRs, but I’ve been injured once and don’t care to go thru that process again if I can avoid it. 

9. Would you rather eat a big meal the night before or a big meal after a race?

The night before.  I usually run best on an empty stomach, not much of a breakfast person. When I finished my first half, I thought I wanted food, but after half a banana, I realised what I really wanted was just a hot shower!! 
  
10. Would you rather be chased by a swarm of bees or a pack of dogs?
Seriously??  I’m going to say bees, and I’m allergic to bees!  But I think the dogs could do a lot more damage, and I might have a shot at evading the bees, or at least running to the nearest dose of Benadryl!


What would YOU rather do?

Choose one, two, three, or all and share your would you rather.

No comments:

Post a Comment